Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Family traits

When I had my children, it had stirred up questions. I would look at them and wonder who else they looked like.  My husband comes from a large family and we can see each other in our children.  Sure my kids look like their parents... but what about grandparents? Where did they get some of their traits from?

At this point I came to a realization.... who I was and what traits I wanted my kids to have...  I was adopted... I was then made "fatherless"..., my adopted family was very disjointed, but, this was not who I am. I AM the daughter of the Most High God, the King of the universe, the Creator of all things, and beautifully and wonderfully made and created in His image... WOW!

Why did I need to know this? Well if you were adopted also, you may understand... or if you've experienced  a  relative who says you're not "blood"or in insensitive "friend" who says that they have always considered an adoptee as something no one ever wanted - yesterday's trash.  Realizing that I had a blood connection with the Savior who shed His blood for my sins, I have a "blood" brother.  Realizing that I was wanted by the King of the universe so much that He gave the Prince of Peace, His Son, to save me from my sins, reminded me that I was wanted and very loved and really would God give His Son's life for a piece of yesterday's trash?.. I think not !!!

SO what traits did I want to see in my children?

You guessed it, I want them to look just like their Brother!  It has been important for me to live life to honor God... sure I have failed over and over again... but it has been my goal.  My husband and I have prayed for and lived for the day that our children honor God in their lives. As we have watched them grow... we have seen them fail (as we have) but we are seeing my Brother in their lives.  At 19 and 21, they do things that surprise us and allow us to see God in them.

I'm excited to watch them grow into the man and woman of God He created them to be! I see the traits of their Lord and Savior in them!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment