Saturday, May 16, 2015

My husband has met her....Could this be over? or just the end of this chapter

Yesterday my husband and I had to drive to NY to pick up our daughter and son in law at the airport. We had taken the day off and were wondering how to make this an adventure and worth the time off. A few days prior I had this idea pop into my head about knocking on my birth mother's day and going from there.  I wasn't sure if this was a God idea or just a plan old idea, I asked some trusted friends to pray for me and about it and mentioned it to my husband.

My prayer was that if it was God's will I would know and follow through, I felt like I would know for sure if this was the right time and thing to do at the last minute.

Don and I left for NY and headed to her town in NJ. About 2 minutes before we got to her house we pulled over and prayed about the whole thing and decided that Don would go up to the door first, to kind of feel things out.... and I guess to protect me from a slammed door.

We got to her house (I took a picture of it) and saw that her car was in the parking spot. Don got out of the car knocked on her door and introduced himself and asked if my name sounded familiar, she said no. He then said well my wife believes that she's your daughter and is in the car and would like to meet you.  She quickly said no and shut the door.

Her action did confirm what we all knew, that I AM HER DAUGHTER!!! She did not say to Don that I was wrong, or that she didn't have this daughter, just a quick no and shut door.

Don says that I resemble her, but she looks older than the fb pics we have seen...

What I have been reminded of is that she has not really rejected me, but has rejected what I represent, the pain and hurt of what brought me into this world, and I guess that that has to be okay. I haven't cried yet but know I will.... you see God is in control... following this I went to visit some wonderful childhood friends, I was invited to celebrate the 100 anniversary of the church I grew up in. There I was surrounded (and grounded) by people who love me and know me and don't care where I came from , just that I have been in their lives... My one friend even turned to me and said.. isn't this amazing that on the very difficult day God has you here with us, with people who love you and know you...

Thank you Jesus for your perfect plan

SO what's next??? I don't know.... you see my birth mom now has flesh and bone and not just a piece of paper and a bad memory.  God can work in her life, as He is in mine.  He can stir her and move her to contact me... or we just call this over... you see she has indirectly confirmed who she is .... that is some of what I have been wanted... a closure of sorts.

I ask you to pray for me as I continue to process the events of 5-15-15...
I ask you to pray for her... I'm sure that yesterday was shocking... she is 70 and could be hard on her. You see I love her, just for choosing life, for having me, and for through her actions giving me this wonderful family and life I have had

Blessings to you.

5 comments:

  1. Why didn't you write her a letter or call first to give her a chance to get used to the idea ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have written her 3 times and called her twice, my PI has called her and written her too.... this has been a 2 year process... I know it's long.. but if you read my other posts in this blog you can see what brought me to her door.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this story. It is a very current theme in my life at the moment, as I have just contacted my mother this last mother's day. The message has not been seen yet, but I too felt that God orchestrated a few other things to help me to heal and grow regarding our prior communications and the potential of renewed contact. God really does care for us so lovingly ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly praying for you and rejoicing that indeed you were surrounded by those who know you and love you.
    Praying for your Birth Mom to realize that she does want to get to know you. And also thankful that she did choose life!
    Love and hugs- June

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly praying for you and rejoicing that indeed you were surrounded by those who know you and love you.
    Praying for your Birth Mom to realize that she does want to get to know you. And also thankful that she did choose life!
    Love and hugs- June

    ReplyDelete