Sunday, March 24, 2013

the goodness of people

Well it's been a little over 2 weeks since I posted my search picture on facebook.  No I haven't found any of my birth family yet,... and in the dark moments I don't think I ever will this side of Heaven. However I have met some very nice people.  The support from friends, strangers and new friends is wonderful.
I have been given advice from people who have already done the search (some too late).

I've discovered some new information.  A search angel advised me to petition for my order of adoption which revealed that my birth name was Patricia Robinson. I have a correspondence from the lawyer who handled my adoption that had that name on it and we had speculated that that was my name... it is now confirmed.

The order of adoption also had my birth in Valley Stream NY.  My birth certificate had said Hempstead. Curious? not really.. it's kinda a Long Island thing. See there are hamlets in towns... and Valley Stream is a hamlet of Hempstead, just like Port Washington is a hamlet of the Town of North Hempstead. Anyway, just some new info (or clarifying info)

I have a few new avenues to look at. Both the search angel and the private eye I hired seems to think that there are too many holes in my non identifying info so I'm going to make some phone calls this week .. questions are: Was Robinson my birth fathers last name? Was my birth mother in a home for unwed mothers? (this is THE question - if she was there was one in Valley Stream, run by the Salvation Army and children born there are have documentation says born in Valley Stream and born in Hempstead which I have both..... hmm....) Hopefully  answers at least one of these questions.. I'm told that answers are permitted if I ask the right questions.

Anyway I'll keep you all updated

No comments:

Post a Comment